Monday, June 2, 2008

I'm glad I'm not the one getting fixed today

The black cat that they used to call Sister (because they thought she was Polyphony's sister - honestly, they are so unimaginative) is now called Twilight, and she got fixed today. So we're all just chilling out and trying to be quiet and give her some space because she's all tired and grumpy and doesn't know what's going on. We've all been through it before, so we know the gig. I kind of feel sorry for her, but I'd never admit that, so don't go telling anyone.

And my female human got some contraption called an elliptical machine a few weeks ago. It's making me mad because she inconsiderately put it in the office, which just happens to be the only room I feel comfortable in these days since my territory keeps shrinking. So now, not only is this monstrosity in my space, but she's in there every day huffing and puffing, and she turns the tv up REALLY loudly so she can hear it over the noise of the machine beeping, and it completely destroys my nap time. It's just so rude. Honestly, these humans just have no manners.

I just don't know how anybody expects me to thrive and reach my full potential in this environment! Cats everywhere, cat hair on my gorgeous fur, litterboxes with scents that aren't mine. It's all just becoming a bit much. Fortunately my human always feeds me in the office so I don't have to eat in the same room with them and their bad manners. Additionally, she always leaves copies of her New Yorker around, so I can catch up on all the news that's important, and not the neighborhood talk around here, which consists mostly of who has the best hairballs.

No comments: