Monday, August 10, 2009

Snuggly Kitty

The other day my male human was putting his clean laundry away (he remembers to do that sometimes) and he left his tshirt drawer open. It looked like a snuggly place that I could get to and be alone and away from everyone, so I made myself at home and took a nice long nap in there.

Other news...there's been a giant animal hanging around. I'd never seen anything like it before. The humans called it a bear. It went through the garbage, which made me a little nervous. It's just a wee bit embarrassing to have a stranger going through your garbage like that. He then ate the food on the deck that the humans had put out for the outside cats. Then he just laid down and rested, the way I do. Polly growled at him through the window, but I didn't. I'm smart enough to know that you don't pick a fight with an animal that's like 50 times bigger than you are. Polly's pretty stupid sometimes. She picks fights with everything. But I would have thought she was smarter than to growl at a bear. What's he going to do, get scared of a little cat? I did the sensible thing when I saw it - I ran and hid under the bed. I'd rather he not know I was around, you know? He might look at my gorgeous coat and think that he could use me for extra fuel while hibernating. And I don't want to be bear food.

No comments: