Monday, March 23, 2009

Every girl needs a place to primp

I got an early Christmas present today... a place to primp and pluck my eyebrows and stuff like that. The other day my mom noticed that I was having a lot of fun playing with myself in front of her full length mirror. I didn't realize it was me at first. I just saw this gorgeous and stunning cat that looked friendly enough, and didn't look like it was going to attack me, so I went up and sniffed it, and I just smelled myself. It was sooooo cool. I thought I'd found my long-lost twin sister! But when I looked behind the mirror, there was no one there. Then I thought it was some freaky "Through the Looking Glass" thing, but then mommy came up behind me, and I noticed that she was also finding her twin sister in the glass, but she didn't seem that excited. Then she started making me dance, and I realized that my long-lost sister was also dancing. It was just too fascinating. She was just so beautiful, doing this belly dance to techno music. I was like, "man, if I'm as cute as she is, I must be some kinda gorgeous!" I just didn't want to leave. I was having all kinds of deep conversations with my long lost twin. So then mommy moved this other magic looking glass thing to my favorite nap spot, so I can look into it while I'm falling asleep and have dreamy slumber party girl talk with my long lost twin. And I can also admire just how gorgeous I am. But I'm a little worried - I'm already four and a half years old. My peak years to be on the cover of Kitty Vogue are going to be coming and going soon. Why won't Anna Wintour offer me a cover? What can I do?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just discovered this blog, and I love it.

Cat N' Hashi said...

Hi there,

I'm an online writer who has now started on this website (www.killing-mr-nice.com) that explores the possibility of a collaborative storytelling relay whose plot forks out indefinitely. (http://killing-mr-nice.com/how-to-play/ should provide a clearer picture)

I've been looking for a writer to help me follow up on my second episode (http://killing-mr-nice.com/the-cleaner/), and I like your wry humor and lightheartedness a lot, so I was wondering if you'd give it a shot? I'm afraid I can't pay you anything in any form, the website is basically experimental, and supported with money from my own pocket. However, if you do have the interest in seeing how something like that may turn out (do you like Borges?), then maybe you could help me push the concept ahead, if only by one step? All I need is a short writing maybe located somewhere on your current site that my episode can link to. Even better if you have friends of similar interests who are interested in following up on your episode!

Looking forward to your reply. If you find my request too much, or the concept too ludicrous, feel free to tell me too.

Oh, and one last thing. I really want the first few forks to be written by writers I admire, or who are consistent in their output and all, so actually I'm still in the process of research. Could you maybe keep this comment private so that (however unlikely it is) I don't receive requests to write from unsuitable candidates who visit your site? Thanks a billion.